- Experience of managing and analysing large scale genomics data, preferably genetic variation data
- A good understanding of at least one programming language,
- Experience the use of database systems for the management of genomics data
- Proficiency working in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Skills and motivation to deliver a high-quality product with excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently while also interacting in a team of international scientists.
- Scientific curiosity and initiative
You might also have
- Experience of working in a production environment
- Experience of the design and development of efficient large-scale data analysis pipelines and user-friendly APIs
- Familiarity with Perl and MySQL
- Familiarity with the Ensembl APIs and services