You should hold an MSc, PhD or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Genetics or a related field.
You will be to write, understand and maintain complex code. You will also have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Genome annotation
- Methods for DNA/RNA sequencing and sequence alignment
- The biology of gene expression
- Proficiency with coding in at least one modern programming language
- Relational databases
This role will require you to have good communication and interpersonal skills, and be a self-starter who can manage their own time to meet the needs of several projects. The key attributes sought are the ability to work in a team, excellent attention to detail, solid problem-solving skills, and the desire to learn and improve. Furthermore, you should demonstrate your ability to communicate both biological and computational ideas (orally and in writing), time management to deadlines, and a desire to work in an international environment.
You might also have
- Previous experience of processing large biological data sets in a production environment would be advantageous, including an understanding of compute clusters, pipeline workflows, software design and automation.
- Evidence of working in a dynamic, team-based environment or contributing to a large, shared code-base is desirable.