- Minimum of Bachelors degree (Masters or PhD preferred) in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Computational Biology or related fields
- Strong track record of building NGS analysis tools (experience in the CRISPR domain building tools like CRISPResso is a plus)
- Experience with all stages of next generation sequence analysis: quality control, genome alignment, variant calling, variant annotation, etc.
- Experience with multiple sequencing platforms (e.g. Illumina, Ion/Proton, PacBio, Oxford Nanopore) is a plus.
- Proficiency with MySql, Postgres or noSQL technologies
- Advanced Knowledge of Python and ability to build in frameworks like Flask, Dash, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver tools in a cross functional environment
- Experience with building and maintaining APIs is a plus
- Experience leveraging machine learning in bioinformatics is a plus