- hold a doctorate within a, for the employment, relevant subject (e.g. bioinformatics, statistics, computer science, biology or genetics) or equivalent academic qualifications
- be scientifically skilled in the subject area of the position
- be pedagogically skilled and have completed training in teaching in higher education corresponding to 10 weeks’ full time studies (or otherwise acquired equivalent knowledge)
- have very good knowledge of English in written as well as oral communication
- have documented experience in the development of methods of bioinformatics
- have documented experience in developing analysis workflows in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, R, Java)
- have documented experience in analysing large biological datasets.