- Master’s degree in Bioinformatics, Biology, or related field. A PhD is a plus but not required.
- 7 or more, combined years of experience, in genomics, bioinformatics, or computational biology, demonstrated by an academic record of scientific publications or proceedings, or relevant experience in industry.
- Experience working as key personnel on large genomics/genetics grants or consortiums, or cross-functional research teams in industry.
- Deep expertise with biomedical and life sciences datasets – you know the difference between TopMed and TCGA, GnomAD and ENCODE.
- Experience with workflow managers such as Cromwell, Nextflow, or Snakemake.
- Researcher focused – demonstrates deep empathy and understanding towards genomics researchers.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work independently.
- Excellent communicator who feels completely at ease at presenting complex scientific concepts to both an expert and non-expert audience.
- Effective collaborator experienced in creating scientific partnerships and driving consensus across teams.