The demand for well-trained Bioinformaticians to support genomics research continues to rise. The Bioinformatics internship program at Icipe seeks to attract highly motivated graduates for a four-month internship and mentorship program. The interns undergo intensive training within the first part, after which they will be attached to ongoing genomic initiatives for a mini-project. The mini-project will provide hands-on experience and guarantee knowledge and skills retention. To instil continued self-learning, they will be assigned free online courses compiled to suit their training needs. For example, an intern interested in a computational Biology track will be guided to train in Python, R, UNIX, and other programming languages, undertaken in parallel with the mini-project.
- Open to Kenyan nationals only
- Completed a BSc degree in Biological Sciences, Maths or Computer Science
- Highly motivated and interested in a career in Bioinformatics
The applicant must submit together with the application:
- A curriculum vitae including any relevant research work and experience
- A motivation explaining why one wants to undertake the Bioinformatics internship, and how it fits into their career plan
Application Open: 6th June 2022
Application Deadline: 10th June 2022
Start Date: July 2022
To apply, please complete the form in this application Link
For queries, please raise an issue in this repo.
Original Post: https://github.com/mbbu/call_for_Bioinfo_Internship_Cohort6